And I wonder as I lay here, in this sleepless field of dreams..

HELLO!

Somehow you've stumbled upon my blog, scraping the ends of the internet for something interesting.

Instead you found this.
I hope I don't put you to sleep.


Stories of fiction and fact lie dormant in this digital journal. Anything labelled with fiction junction is just that: fiction.

STORIES

» fiction junction. [all stories are sorted by this tag]
» refraction.
» love's weight.
» Viktor's Girls. [an ongoing collection]


do you think of me when I think of you

» Rachel Waa.
» xkcd.
» questionable content.
» the awesomer.
» not always right.
» stumble upon.
» Lore Olympus.

as the nighttime slowly sings...?

» chih.
» kaylyn.
» kitty.
» j comeau of A Softer World.


Template by Elle @ satellit-e.bs.com
Banners: reviviscent
Others: (1 | 2)


“if only you could see”
February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 May 2010 June 2010 September 2010 October 2010 January 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 August 2011 August 2012 September 2012 October 2012 November 2012 August 2013 November 2013 December 2013 January 2014 June 2014 July 2014 August 2014 May 2015 May 2016 June 2016 July 2016 December 2016 June 2017 July 2017 June 2018 November 2020 December 2020 April 2021 November 2021

I knew a woman. (part nine)
May 26, 2010 || 4:28 AM || comment?

Love likes a gander, and adores a goose:

Her full lips pursed, the errant note to seize;

She played it quick, she played it light and loose,

My eyes, they dazzled at her flowing knees;

Her several parts could keep a pure repose,

Or one hip quiver with a mobile nose

(She moved in circles, and those circles moved).


Let seed be grass, and grass turn into hay:

I'm martyr to a motion not my own;

What's freedom for? To know eternity.

I swear she cast a shadow as white as stone.

But who would count eternity in days?

These old bones live to learn her wanton ways:

(I measure time by how a body sways).


Yuliya held the phone up to her ear. It rang several times with no answer, but she refused to hang up in case someone would answer when she would do so. Yuliya held her breath when the tone cut off mid ring.

"Hello?" A girl's voice asked.

"...Marta?" Yuliya asked, tears filling her eyes.

"Yuliya?" Marta cried out. "Yuliya, is it really you? I miss you so much! I have all of your letters. Yuliya, I have a lot I want to tell you!"

"Oh Marta...I'm so sorry.." Yuliya said, tears streaming down her face. "But, Marta, listen...I'm coming home for your birthday."

Marta squealed with delight, causing Yuliya to jerk her head away from the phone.

"I also want to see father."

"That's okay Yuliya! I have his address somewheres..."

"What about mother?"

Marta lowered her voice. "She's in the living room, staring at the wall. She doesn't realize I'm home half of the time. She says she has a boyfriend but he never comes over here. But she stays gone for long periods of time before coming home."

Yuliya sighed. "What about you? How are you doing?"

"Oh, I'm fine! I placed first in our school's academic concourse. I work in the library after school, putting all the books back on the shelf, and I get paid like a real job! Then Mrs. Baranova, the librarian, will take me shopping...most for groceries. I've been learning how to cook!"

"That's wonderful, Marta."

"Oh, I have a great idea! I can cook for you and father!"

"That sounds really nice. Actually, Marta, I have something else to ask."

"Yeah?"

"Is it okay if I bring my...boyfriend as well?"

"Oh, you have a boyfriend? What's his name?"

"..Viktor.."

"Oh I'm really happy for you! Of course you can bring him! Hopefully I can impress him with my cooking.."

"I'm sure it will be delicious."

Marta and Yuliya continued talking, with Marta doing most of the talking. Eventually they discussed when Yuliya would come by, and that they would go to their father's house to celebrate. After the conversation ended, Yuliya hung up, and stared at the small mobile device. Her mind raced, with fear and excitement. She was very glad that she would be able to see her sister and father after such a long time, but she was afraid. Afraid of what her father would think. Afraid that her father wouldn't even want to see her. Then she realized she had no idea what to get Marta for her birthday. Maybe a stuffed animal and some books? But she didn't really know what books Marta would be interested in. Maybe she was too mature for a stuffed toy now? She sighed, and turned around. Viktor was sitting on the bed, and he spread his arms out. Yuliya smiled, set the phone down on the table in the room, then walked to the bed. She crawled on the bed, and rested her head on his chest.




The only light that was in the room came from the window, the curtains deliberately pulled back, spilling onto a blank canvas set up on an easel. Anya stood in quiet deliberation, then lifted the charcoal in her hand, and set it on the canvas. She drew in wide arcs, the scratching sound filling her ears and her mind. Anya set the charcoal down for a moment, then used her hands to spread it all over, prepping the canvas. She turned around, and saw that Vera had been watching her draw.

"I'm not sure I understand what you're doing." Vera said. Anya looked at the canvas, then down at her hands which were covered in black dust. She then wiped it around her eyes in circular motions.

"Isn't it obvious? I am a raccoon." Anya said with a grin. Vera shook her head but smiled anyways. "Okay, raccoon. But why don't you just turn on the light in here?"

"Hm...I'm not sure....there's a lot of things I can't explain...but they're all habits of mine. I've gotten used to working this way."

"You always make yourself a raccoon?"

"Nooo..." Anya said. "I was just being silly...but now I can't think. And I'm hungry. I think it's time for some lunch. Let's go."

"You're going like that?" Vera asked.

"Of course! I'm a raccoon after all..."

Labels: ,